Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

Swing Time

Greetings once more friends,

 It's hard to believe the end of another class is fast approaching! I have started the final shot for this class and it should hopefully be a nice and dynamic one that I can sink my teeth into so everyone can enjoy watching it:)

 It is again another step up character wise, and this time we've got stuwie with all limbs attached and ready to roll! or swing I should say Now that I have had some experience in posing and getting into communicating internal and external forces in a character with legs, torso and head; I can add the arms to my thinking as I pose out the character as he further feels out his balance.


 For this Assignment I decided to do some swinging action, both broad and more compact (so stuwie's arms in fact become rather essential right here). I draw my inspiration from a lot of physical game characters I have played (i.e Prince of Persia titles) as well as some fantastic olympic uneven bars routines.

 With this one I intend to steer my focus on getting the weight right (such as with the slow movement at the outer edges of the swing and the acceleration through the middle. Conveying the fact that Stuwies arms are really under strain and has influence will be key to avoiding the appearance floatyness.


Something rapid but smooth, energetic but controlled.

No comments:

Post a Comment