Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Remember to Stretch

Heyhey,

Here I've got some more poses I got down! The theme for the week was physical strength, so it was really fun to try an really get a sense of strain or an interesting centre of gravity within the drawings. I have actually begun exercising more regularly as of late, and so it was rather fitting in really getting the essence for the idea of strength!
As with many good poses, I realized the theme lended itself to curved lines meeting with straight lines. That general combination is appealing to the eye and makes the action that is occurring that much more clearer, since this is a exaggeration of something that actually happens when we do these exercises.

The one I went with actually turned out better than the original drawing, and makes really good compositional sense:)
See how everything draws a curve or line straight back to the head? definitely one of my favourites so far 

No comments:

Post a Comment