Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Two Week Sneak

Cue the pink panther music, because I'm going from plain vanilla to interestingly sneaky!

These two weeks I worked on a personality walk, building on what I learned on the standard vanilla walk and adding character and switching up the timing up some.

As you can see I've still got those main key poses and then I also mapped out my inbetweens in green to give me the best possible chance of getting the swift lift and careful step motion. This is immediately apparent as you can see the passing position is in this walk the most extreme down. Here's my blocking phase



I really enjoyed pushing the poses (stretching and squashing some in the right places) and especially telling the whole story with just that contact pose. I gained a lot of experience and am really starting to get the locomotion of the hips, how they rotate and all axis and compensate and shift weight side to side. And all this changes with the type of character,emotion and personality we're dealing with!

Here's what I ended up with


No comments:

Post a Comment