Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Breaking Things Up

Greetings Friends!

Last weeks assignment marked my 6th week at Animation Mentor (wow halfway through Class 1 already) Time flies when you're having fun and even faster if you're working hard, so I think I'm definitely going at light speed over here; )

The goal for this assignment was getting to grips with the concept of overlapping action, which is basically the idea that everything does'nt just start or stop moving all at the same time (unless it is of course entirely mechanical). Different parts break up in terms of movement, by way of drag and objects exhibiting inertia. This translates into limbs swinging and arcing in a wave type effect. Applying to things such as  a piece of clothing,hair,tails etc.
And so I started swinging around with the pendulum, as you can see. I started out with the idea of a figure 8 motion, and then thought it would be cool to have him move down. I feel its always better if there appears to be some sort of intent or place something wants to go, even in these small exercises. In keeping with this thought and after I had the right timing and spacing I decided to add a second pendulum and have it be a game of tag!

Lets see how I went

No comments:

Post a Comment