Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

I Wish I Had a Tail

Another week has passed!

I am confident in saying it was a challenging but very satisfying 7 days as well, despite being extremely sick and literally bed ridden for my saterday. This week was in the same line of focus as last week and involved diving deeper into overlapping action and really getting that flexibility, as well as getting the most out of my animation using the graph editor (which I briefly explained in one of my previous posts)

This week I got to work with Tailor, which is basically a ball with squirrel tail attached. He is very annoyi.....uhum..uu.. Cute!
As I'm starting to fiddle and getting into the details of controlling more indivual parts of a character/object, I start to realize how much the subtlety of every ease in/out, squash/stretch, timing/placement impacts upon the final result.

As a short synopsis: Tailor heads to a acorn that has fallen from a tree, only to be excited and lured away by another as it falls from another behind him: P


Just for the sake of interest here is a look at all the curves that are behind the animation. Each curve represents the amount of translation or rotation (in a certain axis) occuring over time. Each curve also corresponding to a particular part that I  manipulate.
In this particular case you can actually see the cascading curves representing the delayed overlap of the different segments of the tail rotating in the x-axis (highlighted in red).
How Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment